This article will show you how to install a BeamMP Server on a Windows VPS. This article will show in-depth instructions to assist with this.
- Go to the BeamMP Website and download the Server on the Homepage.
- Drag the BeamMP-Server.exe to a folder with no other files.
- Double-click the BeamMP-Server.exe and wait 10 seconds for the console to automatically close. During this time the console will automatically generate the server files for you.
- Once the console closes open the ServerConfig.toml using a text editor of your choice.
- Below explains what each section does and what you need to put in them.
1. First, we will generate the Auth Key so we can connect to BeamMP Services. You can do this by going to the BeamMP Key Dashboard.
Once you get to the page click the Keys tab and generate a new key. The Server Name should be something that you can use to identify the server.
The Server IP will be your VPS IP address.
Once a key is generated copy and pastes in-between the apostrophes ('') in the AuthKey line.
2. The Description is used to show some information about your server on the Server List.
3. You can swap the map which is used inside of your server. You can find all the Vanilla Map Names by going to the BeamMP Wiki Guide!
4. You can change the Max Amount of cars that each player can have at one time.
5. The Name is used to identify the server to others in the Server List.
6. The port is used to allow the server to become public to those around the world. We recommend keeping this at 30814.
7. You can make your server private meaning the server won't be shown in the server list but can still be connected to if the IP and Port are correct.
8. You can change the Directory of where the Resources Folder is although we recommend keeping this as the default.
- Before we start the server we need to open the port for the server. We can do this by opening port 30814. If you decide to change the port the instructions are the same, all you need to do is replace the default port with your chosen port.
Open Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click Inbound Rules and Create a new Rule
- Select Port
- Enter your port, ensure TCP is selected and click Next
- Make sure it says Allow Connection and click Next.
- Ensure all boxes are ticked and click Next.
- Provide a name that allows you to identify the rule.
- Repeat instructions 7-12 for UDP on incoming and TCP & UDP on Outgoing.
- Once you are finished port forwarding go back to your BeamMP Server Folder and start the BeamMP-Server.exe file.
- Your server is now online and ready to join!
To learn how to install Mods to your BeamMP Server please go to the BeamMP Wiki guide which explains how to do it for you.
If you are looking for a more in-depth guide on how to edit your ServerConfig.toml file, BeamMP offers a great guide that goes into detail for you which you can find here.
Thank you for viewing this article! If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.